Monday, April 29, 2013

All about me

Welcome! My name is Blake Borecky, and this is my blog. Before this blog changes the world, I should introduce you to who I am and where I've been.

I am the second child of Mark Borecky and Sandy Staggs, my oldest (and only) sibling is my sister Ami. I was born in Pine Bluff Arkansas, and spent about four years of my life there. My mom and dad got divorced when I was pretty young, soIi spent the majority of the time with my mom and sister. Both of my parents are very loving and caring, which is something I am very thankful for. Anyway, after a few years in Pine Bluff, my mom, my sister and I moved to a town called Star City, which is roughly 30 miles south of Pine Bluff. Star City I where I  graduated from, and did most of my growing. I had a very nice childhood there. Where i lived in town was pretty close to other kids close to my age, so I got to do a lot of playing around our neighbor hood. I spent a lot of time outdoors as a kid. Whether I was running around out in the woods close to home, or just out in the neighborhood, I LOVED being outside. I have many fond memories of growing up there, memories that I hope stay with me for a life time.

I've mentioned that I am a child of divorce, which is actually something that has made me who I am today. I have a mom, dad, step mom, and step dad, all of whom I'm very grateful for and couldn't imagine life without. My mom and step dad got married when I was in the sixth grade, but he had been in our lives for many years prior.Though he and I sometimes argue, he has been a very positive role model for me and continues to help guide me. I love ALL of my parents, and am beyond happy to have them in my life; through good and bad, I know that they and my sister will always be there for me.



I've never really played sports or anything like that, I guess mainly because I like to be able to do my own thing, and because I always had to give 100% to school work. I did, however get into choir when i was in the 7th grade, and was under the direction of the hilarious Susan Buckner for six great years.

Hopefully all of this has gotten you up to speed about my life growing up, so now I'll tell you a bit about where I go to school and what I've been doing these last two years.

My sister attended, and gratuated from Henderson State University. Having been to the school a few times, I had a good idea that that was where I wanted to go, even before I entered high school. So senior year rolls around, and I find myself commited to go to Henderson the next fall about halfway through the year. Once I got here, I really thought I wanted to go into Henderson's aviation program and become a pilot, well, after seeing how much it was going to cost, I quickly decided otherwise.

After spending a full year as an education major, I have once again switched my major. I am now a political science major here at Henderson, and hope to complete that degree plan in the next two years.


Hopefully this has given you an idea about who I am. I will be posting to this blog periodically and sharimg some of my own thoughts and ideas about things I find, and about life in college. I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we have a lot of similar thoughts regarding family! Good job writing Blake!

    ReplyDelete